Monday, October 13, 2008

Samsung Omnia - Performing a (Hardware) Hard-Reset

A couple of days ago I've got my new toy - a Samsung Omnia mobile phone. While playing with it, I had to do a hard reset several times already, all using the settings menu in the operating system. The last time, however, I didn't manage to get there, and was glad to find on Wen Qiang's blog mobile.silence a way to do so. The problem was, that similarly to some of the people, unfortunately it didn't work for me for some reason.

After sporadically pressing buttons, I discovered that a very slight variation did work for me. Powering on the Omnia (or soft-resetting), and immediately afterwards (while the B&W Samsung logo appears) pressing the SEND-END-POWER combination for 10 seconds. If you press the combination too late, you get to the jingle, otherwise you get the long awaited hard-reset screen.
Hope this helps some lost people :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello,

I have same problem, I can't hard reset it in usual way, I'm getting stucked at Omnia logo.

Please explain what do you mean with holding 'SEND-END-POWER'.

I can't boot to system, so I'm wondering what do you mean with 'SEND' button.

Regards

Endless Forest said...

Hi info,

Sorry for the late reply. I'm sure you've already figured it out, but in case somebody else wonders about the same question:

By the 'SEND' button I meant the "answer/make a call" green button. On the old phones where there was a text name on the button instead of a picture, it usually said "SEND" or "CALL" (at least on the phones I've seen...).

By holding the combination I mean holding them together (as you would for CTRL-ALT-DEL) for ~10 seconds.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your variation...it was the one that worked!