Saturday, October 6, 2007

Efficient timeout

Did you ever notice how much you can sometimes learn by stopping doing something for a while?

Occasionally, when I skip a workout or two at the gym, I notice that the weight I can handle improved pretty seriously. Today, after a little period of not playing the guitar, perhaps my playing ability didn't change much, but I discovered a comfortable position on my chair after deciding that I must get a more comfortable chair for playing.

I'm usually using my computer chair to play. The problem is that it has arm rests that don't allow me to sit with the guitar while resting my back. Today, after using this chair for almost a year, I discovered that I could sit diagonally :)

It's interesting how breaking the routine can allow us to gain new... uhmm... strengths? :)

No comments: